Freelance Content Writer- magazines, websites and blogs.
Author of The Porthole Peeper
The true story lifestyle blog of living on a narrow boat.
Jane Elizabeth Firth is a freelancer, writing SEO friendly content for magazines, websites and blogs.
Contena Academy Completionist
Yoast SEO Certified
Website Design powered by WordPress
Creative Writing, Research & Editing
Now open for entry level work.
Blog Writing and Website Design
Short Stories- a constant cruising off-grid lifestyle guide you won’t want to miss!
Market Audience, Style, Voice, Success and Pain
Art, illustration &
A Journal review of a T.V drama-‘The Tudors’ is a higher education level of writing. I have the skill to understand complicated writing and edit it into clean, simple, punchy and well paced work that will maximise your audience and keep them interested.
Published Non-Fiction Narrative Writing
Lifestyle, education, nature and science- on Medium, LinkedinPulse and Contena-Publish. I can write on a variety of topics with creativity and humour and publish monthly blogs from my web page using WordPress , optimising content on web pages and posts, using SEO Yoast.
I love to study the art of writing!
From published authors and freelancers, I enjoy a wide variety of reading in places like The Write Life, The Sun Magazine, Medium, Minds, ProWritingAid, Auto Crit and books.
Writing is an art form
I know how to add clarity, elegance, structure, tone and variety to create writing that stands out from the crowd, connects with people’s feelings and entices your audience to come back for more.
A lifestyle writer’s blog powered by WordPress- written to entertain, inform as well as showcase my writing and artwork. You can see my blogging content and design skills at elizabethwriter.com. The Porthole Peeper. Want some content writing for your blog, web content or a great website design, please contact me!
I have your back covered! I’ll look for your style, tone, audience, pain and mission, to deliver content to you that gives you creative solutions and outstanding results.
Photography, Illustration, Artwork
A practicing artist and an active member of my local art club.
(BA Hons.) Fine Art- Print and Time-based media (video editing, art installation and narrative film work).
A ‘creative and reflective’ qualified primary school teacher, (2011). I have an in-depth knowledge of children, special needs and education. I teach English language and grammar remotely to China, (2017- Present). which means you can be confident in my writing and grammar skills, my skill in meeting deadlines and my motivation to work under my own steam, remotely.
- Editing Mastery: How to Edit Writing to Perfection – Course completed on Jun 4, 2020 (4 hours 41 min.) by Shani Raja, Editor, Writer, Trainer, Journalist (The Wall Street Journal).
- Writing with Flair – How to Become an Exceptional Writer: Course completed May 2020 (5 hours 8 mins.) by Shani Raja.
- Contena Academy Completion. 2020.
- Linkedin- Resume and Education– 2:1 B.A. Hons Fine Art- time-based media 2001. B.A Teaching & Learning Support and QTS. 2011
- Website Design powered by WordPress- to create a portfolio of SEO friendly websites.
- Content Marketing- Continuous learning about BTC and BTB Copywriting, S.E.O and how to optimise content for business.
- Professional video editing has taught me how to tell stories visually, with rhythm and time. I continue to reflect on my work and it’s effect upon audience.
- Illustration is one of my hobbies as I like using pictures to describe words.
- Write a book and publish it.
Thankyou for taking the time to look at my Lifestyle Writer’s Portfolio,
I look forward to helping you!